Monday, March 15, 2010

Celebrity news-His name is Khan

Shah Rukh has that boyish charm even at this age. He has tremendous energy which few people are blessed with. I don’t like to watch his movies. I think they are over emotional. But as a person I really like him. In an industry where one can survive without some body’s help, he has come up on his own steam without having any God father. Another thing I admire is his rock solid marriage. In film industry, relationships are formed and broken at the drop of a hat, Shah Rukh’s family life is solid. Not a whiff of a scandal. Quite admirable.

Shah Rukh, I thought, is a little arrogant. His comment somewhere that other actors were good, rather very good, but he was a little better then them, was, I thought, a bit narcissist. May be it was self confidence. He has a mass fan following and what is more, he knows it. So far I liked him but I never knew he has high moral values and guts to stand firmly for what he believes in. I now respect him for the stand he took against Shiv Sena. Where other stalwarts of the industry tumbled like a pack of cards, Shah Rukh stood his ground against threats from Shiv Sena, for what he believes in. Yes, he was sad and he was tired but not intimidated. He didn’t rush to Bala Saheb’s office for compromise to save his film. It is sad that no one, not a single person from his own industry openly stood with him. He faced the crisis all alone and came victorious.

Again, more appreciable, Shah Rukh apologized to his producer, Karan Johar for the mess and even offered to compensate him for his financial losses. And this is where he scored with me. How many actors can boast of this high moral standard? Not a single name comes to my mind. Earlier, I just liked him, now I respect him. He has what it takes.

He is a true Khan – his name is Khan.

0 comments:

Header image credit: adapted from David Niblack

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP